As usual for me with menu plans lately, I started last week off with a bang, only to fizzle mid-week. I work most afternoon/evenings, so I try to leave Hubby and Little Boy with a nourishing meal for their dinner. My problem is that I tend to make too much so we have more leftovers than I planned. One man and one toddler simply cannot do justice to a HUGE pot of lentil soup! This week, I will try to do better, though I may have sabotaged myself with some pretty labor-intensive preps. We’ll see.
You’ll notice I don’t include menus for the weekend. Hubby works weekends, so Little Boy and I eat leftovers or something very simple, or go visit family for meals ; ) Also, there aren’t very many vegetables on this week’s menu. I will get our produce from our food coop next Saturday, so I don’t like to buy too much produce the week before, and we just use up what we have.
There’s a whole lot of soaking going on. I’ve gotten a little lax lately with this. Even though I still have made nearly everything from scratch, I haven’t done that extra but extremely important step of soaking the grains. I’m determined to get back on track. I think having this blog will help keep me more accountable!
- D-BBQ Beef Short Ribs, scalloped potatoes, braised purple cabbage
- Prep-Make bread, soak wheat & millet for cereal, soak spelt for crackers
- B-Bacon, Homemade Cream of Wheat, fruit smoothie
- L-Liver pâté, rosemary spelt crackers, carrots & celery
- D-Out to dinner
- Prep-Soak flour for cake, thaw hamburger
- B-Fried eggs, hash browns, sauerkraut, kefir
- L-LOs from dinner out
- D-Black bean chile, applesauce cake
- Prep-Drain kefir for sour cream & whey
- B-Bacon, scrambled eggs, toast, smoothie
- L-Kipper dip, rosemary spelt crackers, carrots & celery
- D-Baked potato with LO chile
- Prep-None! <she sighs>
- B-Poached eggs, home fries (make extra), sauerkraut, kefir
- L-Peanut butter & honey sandwich
- D-Salmon patties, tartar sauce, LO potatoes
- Prep-Soak wheat & oats for waffles
- B-Blender waffles, fried eggs, smoothie
- L-LO salmon patties, tartar sauce, bread
For more menu ideas, visit http://orgjunkie.com/